Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Top Ten Things I Miss about Ohio

I think about Ohio almost everyday. I do not know if anyone else out there is having the same problem. I have to tell myself not to talk about Ohio all the time. It is not a good strategy to make new friends by talking about your old life. Here it is the things I miss the most, not in any specific order.

10- Meijer, Target, the mall, Once Upon a Child, etc. We live in the sticks there is no where (besides Walmart) to buy anything besides food.
9 - The rain. I even miss the rainy, dreary days. The sun shines all the time here which is great, but change is nice too. It rained last week and I felt so homesick for Ohio.
8 - Along with the rain, I miss the trees and everything green. Idaho is beautiful, but it is a different kind of beauty.
7 - football games. They were always a good reason to hang out with friends, even if it is mainly the guys hobby.
6 - the student ward. Wasn't it great to have everyone in the same situation as you. Anyone in the ward could have been our best friends.
5 - public library. Story time just is not the same and selection, well it is a little slim.
4 - Jeffersonville. This needs no explanation.
3 - Lunches with the girls. Most people here have three, four, or five kids. They do not have time or the patience for lunch get-togethers.
2 - My job. Yep, there is nothing around here that is as intense and rewarding as the PICU.
1 - Most of all I miss our friends who were our family for the four years we lived there. I feel like there is such a void in my life right now. (Insert tears here) Even though we plan to live here for the rest of our lives, I am afraid that Ohio will always be thought of as home.

9 comments:

Sally said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are sad. I only moved from Orem to Springville, so at least I get to see my friends now and then still, but I can understand how that would be hard. Look on the bright side though... you have an amazing kitchen!! By the way, your kids are so cute. Love A's style of wearing underwear... we could all learn something from little girls...

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

Amen! You said it all. Of course, I'm still enjoying parts of Ohio like Meijer, Once Upon a Child, and the rain for sure. Although it's not the same as our life in Columbus. That chapter of our lives has definitely ended and although we only live an hour away, it feels like we moved across country. We really miss our friends. I'm sure we'll grow roots wherever we go, but change stinks sometimes.

Brittany said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, i'm so sad! if it makes you feel better, playgroup just isn't the same. funny what you don't appreciate while you have it. hey, at least you have a killer new house!

J.R. and Meg +3 said...

Don't get me started, and I am VERY pregnant so the tears flow freely around here these days. Story time is weak--my dad suggested I get on the library board and do something about it, and rain in Texas is sparce and always a welcome sight too!! At least you have changing colors on the leaves in Idaho right?!

lisa h. said...

so sorry tiffiany. i know how it is...it takes a while to readjust. i hope things look better soon!! you'll just have to show those large families they can still have fun and have a girls lunch!

Lori said...

You said it all Tiffany! I feel the exact same way! Everyone here is like "aren't you so glad to be back to AK and out of OHIO!" And I'm like NO! I wish I were back there too, but like Karen said, it wouldn't even be the same now!

Jennifer Kendall said...

Ditto... need I say more? Ditto to your blog.

Ben and Michelle said...

I agree 100%. I also miss OHIO.

R said...

Yes--we miss you guys too! We are getting to know the people who bought your place. They are great! But it means one less friend for Bella. I guess we will join the once-upon-a-time-Ohioans in June.
Glad I found your blog!